We understand the importance of getting queries answered in real-time and that's what we pledge to excel. Download our app now to get all your tax-related queries answered by our chat experts.
GST is an indirect tax levied on the supply of certain goods and services in India. GST has subsumed
multiple indirect taxes like excise duty, service tax, VAT, CST, luxury tax, entertainment tax etc
India has adopted dual GST model where GST is levied by both the federal and the State Government. GST was introduced on 1st July 2017
GST is basically structured to simplify current indirect tax system in India. It integrates the union excise duties, custom duties, service tax, and state VAT into a single point levy i.e., GST. It’s a reform which attempts to create a common national market.
Registration under Goods and Service Tax (GST) regime will confer following advantages to the
• Legally recognized as supplier of goods or services.
• Proper accounting of taxes paid on the input goods or services which can be utilized for payment of GST due on supply of goods or services or both by the business.
• Legally authorized to collect tax from his purchasers and pass on the credit of the taxes paid on the goods or services supplied to purchasers or recipients.
• Getting eligible to avail various other benefits and privileges rendered under the GST laws.
Every business making taxable supply of goods or services are required to take GST registration. It is mandatory for every business to take GST registration if its aggregate turnover exceeds Rs. 40 Lakhs in case of supply of goods & Rs. 20 Lakhs in case of supply of services.
If a supplier of goods or services or both become liable for GST registration, he has to register
its business under GST on GST portal. Once a business is successfully registered, a unique 15-digit
registration number is assigned to them known as the Goods and Services Tax Identification Number
All registered businesses have to file monthly or quarterly and an annual GST return based on the type of business. All these GSTR filings are done online on the GST portal.
Every registered taxpayer is required to furnish the return in a specific statutory format on or before the specified due date.
1) When do I need to register under the GST Act?
Within 30 days from the date when your liability arose. In case of a Casual Taxpayer or Non-resident taxable person, 5 days prior to the commencement of the business.
2) Where and How can I apply for registration under the GST Act?
You can apply online for a GST Registration using the GST web portal. No physical application is required.
3) Where are the prerequisites for registration on the GST Portal?
To apply for a new registration, you must have –
• PAN card/details of your business
• Valid and accessible e-mail ID and Mobile Number
• Documentary proof of constitution of your business
• Documentary proof of promoters/partners
• Documentary proof of principal place of business
• Details of additional places of business, if applicable
• Details of Authorised Signatories including photographs and proof of appointment
• Details of Primary Authorised Signatory
4) I don’t have a Permanent Account Number (PAN). What should I do?
Before you apply for a GST Registration as a normal taxpayer, it is mandatory to obtain a PAN except for TDS registration which is possible through TAN.
5) Will I need to upload my photograph?
Yes, you are required to upload your photograph, and the photographs of all promoters/partners/kartas/directors/authorised signatories. The photographs must be in JPEG format and the file size should not exceed 100 KB.
6) Do I need to submit hard copies of any documents?
No, you do not need to submit any hard copies. The GST registration process is completely online and is paperless.
7) If the entire registration process is paperless, how will I sign my application?
You will sign your application using a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) or the Aadhaar-based E-Sign facility.
8) My document/photograph is not in the prescribed format. What should I do?
You can use online tools available on the internet to convert the document/photograph into the prescribed format. To be changed and be more specific.
9) Can I save my new registration application?
Yes, new registration applications can be saved in the system for 15 days from the moment the Transaction Reference Number (TRN) is generated. Sections of the applications will only be saved once you fill in all the mandatory details within a section and click SAVE & CONTINUE.
JJ Tax is an excellent platform for filing your ITR. JJ Tax has the most affordable plans and provides a secured platform. ITR preparation require accuracy and zero tolerance of mistakes as one has to be very careful while preparation of ITR.
All the fields have to be correctly filled; otherwise one has to bear high payment of taxes or can get low refund. JJ Tax team consists of professionals who have expert knowledge in the field of taxation. Filing ITRs under the guidance of such professional experts eliminates the risk of any mistake. At JJ Tax, you can get your return filed with accuracy and at your convenience.
Loved by 800000+ individuals and businesses across India.
JJ Tax is Tax partner of Methods Apparel Consultancy India Pvt Ltd They have a simple UI and manage our taxes and compliances. From our GST to ITR they handle it all so that we can focus on business expansion